Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Short Overcoat Worn in the Early 19th Century

So, I was searching to see if anyone can even find this blog, and made a serendipitous discovery. Apparently, my name stands for outdated clothing.

I was searching on Google, and wondered for the first time why some of my search words were highlighted in blue on the upper right. I thought perhaps they were hinting to me which words were most likely to restrict my search, (an excellent idea, by the way) but upon some subsequent clickage was led to Answers.com. There, I was told that my name (Spencer) is best defined as “A short double-breasted overcoat worn by men in the early 19th century.” It can also be “A close-fitting, waist-length jacket worn by women.” (http://www.answers.com/spencer&r=67). Ah, to be a piece of clothing.

Sincerely,

Spencer Miles Kimball

No comments: