Thursday, July 24, 2008

Opening Words

This past weekend I asked a friend if he wanted to start a blog with me. He said no, and another friend who was with us explained that people who write blogs simply like having this fantasy of an attentive audience. I said to myself, at that moment, that I am just the sort of person who wouldn't mind having a phantom audience hanging on my every word.

I am a student at the University of Michigan. I happen to be both very opinionated and related to a girl, a sister, even, who is very much into internet culture. Mixing those two circumstances together, you get me sitting in front of a computer screen right now, typing an introduction to what is currently a blank space.

Once upon a time, when I was fourteen, I had a website. It was just this aberration of pretended maturity, and it lasted about two days before I had a pang of conscience and took it down. Since then, I haven't made any attempts at spreading my opinions.

However, I think I have a niche, if only because my taste in media is so varied and apparently lacking in class. So I present my blog, which only has to last three days to prove I have increased my worth since I was fourteen.

Sincerely, Spencer Miles Kimball

No comments: