Saturday, December 6, 2008

Update 2: The Battle Against School Rages On

Dear readers, if there are any of you,

I have nearly returned. School ends in a little less than a week, and though I will still be quite busy, I intend to mix blogging back into the business of busyness. For now, I think it satisfying to note what books, along the way, I have stressed myself into reading: Winter Queen by Boris Akunin, Being Human Being by Jon Sands, The Days Run Away Like Wild Horses Over the Hills by Charles Bukowski, Jesus' Son by Denis Johnson, last year's The RC Review (Literary Magazine), Next Door Lived a Girl by Stefan Kiesbye, Decibels: Poems From the First Ten Years of the Volume Youth Poetry Project, Auschwitz Report by Primo Levi and Leonardo de Benedetti, 1984 by George Orwell, the collected stories of my creative writing class this semester, and finally, CyberDeth by Curtis Taylor and Todd Hester.

Now, a quick overview which will probably be repeated in full at various later dates:
Winter Queen: A mystery novel by Boris Akunin, of Russia
Being Human Being: A chapbook of poetry by Jon Sands
The Days Run Away Like Wild Horses Over the Hills: A book of poetry by Charles Bukowski
Jesus' Son: A book of short stories by Denis Johnson
RC Review: A literary magazine put out by the University of Michigan Residential College, of which I am a part
Next Door Lived a Girl: A novel by Stefan Kiesbye
Decibels: An anthology of work by the Volume poetry group at the Ann Arbor's youth center, the Neutral Zone (note: I am biased, as I have work in it)
Auschwitz Report: A medical report on the conditions in Auschwitz compiled by two prisoners, as ordered by their Russian rescuers
1984: The famous novel by George Orwell
The collected stories of my creative writing class: I am not included, as I missed a deadline for submission, (so less bias!) but these are the works of my comrades
CyberDeth: The third book on Mark Heroic, by Curtis Taylor and Todd Hester--a childhood favorite of mine.

Hopefully I will get to them all by the time school resumes in January. All I can do is hope.

Sincerely,
Spencer Miles Kimball

No comments: